U.S. Army Signal Corps woodies at Fort Lewis, in the state of Washington.
These pages are dedicated to all of the souls lost in armed conflict and
to Fred W. Crismon, author of U.S. Miltary Wheeled Vehicles.
- Great American Woodies and Wagons by Donald Narus
A new edition has been published
Originally published 1977 by Crestline Publishing, Glen Ellyn, Illinois USA
- Military Wheeled Vehicles by Fred Crismon
Reissued 1994 by Motorbooks International, ISBN # 0-87938-907-9
Previously published 1983 by Crestline Publishing Co.
- 75 Years of Chevrolet by George Dammann
Reissued 1992 by Motorbooks International, ISBN # 0-87938-692-4
Previously published 1986 by Crestline Publishing Co.
- The Dodge Story by Thomas A. McPherson
Reissued 1992 by Motorbooks International, ISBN # 0-87938-697-5 Published 1975 by Crestline Publishing Co. ISBN # 0-912612-07
- The Long Range Desert Group by W.B. Kennedy Shaw
Reissued 2000 by Greenhill Books/Lionel Leventhal ISBN # 1853674079 Published 1945 by Collins, 1989 by Greenhill
- The Long Range Desert Group 1940-1945 by Robin Jenner & David List
Published 1999 by Osprey Pub Co. ISBN # 1855329581
- World War II and it's Impact on Woodies, an Old Woodies feature article by David Miller.
Military Vehicle Links